With continuous intake of the Euglena
Confirmed research results suggesting deeper sleep
Create a virtuous cycle by exerting the original power of the body, from the root to a healthy body
Euglena Co., Ltd.
Euglena Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo, President: Mitsuru Izumo) continuously ingests the Euglena (Japanese name: Euglena We would like to inform you that we have confirmed the research results that suggest that you will deepen your sleep. The results of this research were announced at the "42nd Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Clinical Nutrition" * 1 held from October 19th to November 1st, 2020.
* 1 The 42nd Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Clinical Nutrition was held in an online presentation format using a web page to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection (COVID-19).
■ Purpose of research
We believe that it is important to achieve sustainable health by maintaining the foundation of health and improving it to a better state. The Company, "malnutrition" as a complex factors that interfere with the foundation of health "mental and physical fatigue" has been paying attention to the mutual relationship of "reduced immunity", Euglena with the body the original through the ingestion of "· work · Protect make" We are conducting research on the possibility of maintaining this cycle and achieving sustainable health.
Our company, for sleep is one of the phenomena that are affected by the "physical and mental fatigue", Euglena the possibility"※ 2 to improve satisfaction by ingestion of, was reported in the news release of May 18, 2020 .. Keeping your sleep better can help reduce stress and help you create a virtuous cycle of your body's natural strength.
This time, we conducted a new human clinical trial and measured brain waves during Euglena intake improved sleep satisfaction.
* 2 Released on May 18, 2020 https://www.euglena.jp/news/20200518-2/
■ Research content and results
In this study, the subjects were divided into two groups, a food intake group containing 3,000 mg Euglena and a placebo food intake group * 3, and four time points before the start of intake, 2 weeks after intake, 4 weeks after intake, and 2 weeks after the end of intake. So, I measured the brain waves during sleep. The subject stayed at the same facility and went to bed and woke up at the designated time.
* 3 A test meal that is indistinguishable from the test meal by blending a substance that does not easily affect the human body instead of the test substance.
Euglena intake has been suggested to be involved in sleep depth
The subject's sleep status was monitored by measuring the brain waves during the subject's sleep. From the pattern of brain waves, sleep is divided into three stages of light sleep, deep sleep, and REM sleep (sleep stage) "* 4, and as a result of measuring the number of occurrences of each, Euglena continuously for 4 weeks, The number of deep sleeps increased significantly compared to before the start (figure below). In addition, two weeks after the end of intake, the number of occurrences of deep sleep returned to a level close to that before the start of intake. This result suggests that continuous intake of Euglena
* 4 When you fall asleep, you first go into deep sleep, and after about an hour, your sleep gradually becomes lighter, and then you move to REM sleep. This cycle of about 90 minutes is repeated 3 to 5 times a night. It is generally said that you dream during REM sleep, and it is known that deep sleep affects sleep satisfaction.
In addition, the sleep quality evaluated by the St. Mary's Hospital Sleep Questionnaire * 5 also showed a tendency to improve by taking Euglena for 4 consecutive weeks, similar to the deep sleep confirmed from brain waves.
This study Euglena intake may improve sleep satisfaction through deeper sleep.
At our company, we will further elucidate the potential of Euglena that supports the cycle of "making, working, and protecting" that the body originally has, Euglena and its ingredients in health foods, medical fields, etc. and add them as foodstuffs. We will carry out research and development with the aim of increasing value.
* 5 Answer the degree of sleep depth, mid-alertness, deep sleep, sleep satisfaction, refreshment when waking up, difficulty falling asleep, and presence / absence of early awakening from the options, and evaluate the quality of sleep based on the total score. Questionnaire for
<About Euglena (Japanese name: Euglena)>
Ishigakijima Euglena is a type of algae similar to wakame seaweed, kelp, and chlorella. It has the characteristics of both animals and plants, and has a well-balanced balance of 59 types of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and unsaturated fatty acids. Includes. Paramylon, which is a component unique to Euglena and is a type of β-glucan, has been studied for its functionality in recent years and is expected to be used in the healthcare field such as foods and cosmetics.
-Contact for inquiries from the press-
Euglena Co., Ltd. Corporate Communication Division